Monday, June 25, 2012

Water Marbled Nails

Today’s challenge for day 20 was water marbled nails. As I mentioned yesterday, I’ve only tried a water marbled mani once. So, since I’m not very familiar with them, I was quite nervous going into it. I actually did it twice today. This was my second attempt (that I like best):

DSCN0204

DSCN0208

DSCN0201

For my purple, I used New York Color- 239, and for my yellow, I used L.A. Colors- BCC 570.

This was my first attempt:

DSCN0190

DSCN0194

For my purple I used Sinful Colors- Let’s Talk. For my green, I used Wet n Wild- Jade, and I used China Glaze- Light My Tiki for my pink.

I am clearly not an expert on water marbled nails. I obviously had a lot of trouble with air bubbles on both manis, especially my first try. Nevertheless, I think they are really fun and different. I would like to do them a bit more in the future, and hopefully become better.

Today was the last day of the patterns category. I am going into the inspiration category tomorrow. The theme for tomorrow is “inspired by a color.”

6 comments:

  1. Both are so pretty! I think you done great on your first and 2nd try. I haven't tried it yet, I better get to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're a bit intimidating, but still fun. I'm excited to see yours when you do them! I'm sure they will look amazing!

      Delete
  2. This is great for a marble beginner :)
    Both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They didn't work out as well as I had hoped, but I'm still proud of them :)

      Delete
  3. I really like the purple and yellow, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like the purple and yellow together best, too. I actually really like that color combination!

      Delete