Thursday, June 28, 2012

Easy Madagascar Inspired Nails

Today is day 23 of the 31 Day Challenge. The challenge today was to create movie inspired nails. I tried twice to create nails to the theme of The Proposal, but I found it hard to capture the movie onto my nails without it just looking like bridal nails, or anything else. So, once I failed those two times, I thought of my lovely neighbor who likes to dance along to the Madagascar commercials. While I don’t like the movies, I really like the Madagascar inspired nails I did today:

DSCN0272

“Polka dot, polka dot, polka dot, afro!” is the part that my neighbor likes to sing and dance along to, which is where I drew my inspiration from. I got the zebra part from the zebra that had the polka dots on.

DSCN0270

DSCN0269

I sent a picture of my nails to my neighbor, who then told me she loved it :)

They don’t really look like Madagascar nails unless you knew. You know? They kind of look like party nails, otherwise.

I used L.A. Colors- Energy Source for my white base. I then used Sally Hansen- Blue Me Away! for my blue polka dots, China Glaze- Lemon Fizz for my yellow polka dots, OPI- Elephantastic Pink for my pink polka dots, and E.l.f.- Mango Madness for my orange polka dots. I used a striping brush and black acrylic paint for my zebra stripes.

The challenge for tomorrow is “inspired by a book.” See you then!

8 comments:

  1. stunning design!!!! I just love dots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I also love dots because they're so simple that everyone can do it! Plus, they're adorable!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I need to work on my zebra a bit, but am still happy with them!

      Delete
  3. Hi. I am one of your new followers, I find your blog by mistake, I was seeking for talented nail art lowers, and definitely you are one of them. I saw some original design, that I loved in you blog, and your nails are beautifully shaped and all of your work is very neat! I love creative nail art and because of that I have a blog, if you like you can look up and sea a few of my designs.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your comment made my day! I never really consider my nails to be neat! haha! I'm glad you found my blog (even if it was by mistake :) ), and hope you enjoy the posts to come :)

      Delete
  4. HAHA omg, i totally thought of madagascar when i saw your mani! who could forget that obnoxious song lolll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so funny! I can't believe it actually reminded you of Madagascar! I showed my neighbor's 9 year old daughter, and she didn't know it was inspired by Madagascar. You are right- that is a very annoyings song :D

      Delete