Sunday, December 2, 2012

Rudolph Christmas Nails

I wasn’t sure what I wanted to paint on my nails yesterday, concerning holiday nails. There aren’t that many unique options, but there are so many twists and takes, so I decided to go for a simple Rudolph accent nail, with (my very first) falling glitter gradient.

DSCN1547

I first applied two coats of Revlon – Emerald City, which is a matte polish, but my shiny topcoat was being selfish, so you can’t see it as it’s genuine matte self. Next, I made Rudolph’s head with NYC – Park Ave. I used Revlon – Hot For Chocolate to make the deep brown antlers. To finish it off, I just added two black dots for the eyes, and a red dot for the nose.

On the other nails, I just created a falling glitter gradient with Nicole By OPI – Orna-Ment For Each Other, but I decided that wasn’t enough, so I then put Julie G – My Private Palace on top to give it a glowing gold effect.

DSCN1545

DSCN1544

What nails do you like to paint around the holdays? Santa? Candy Canes?

6 comments: