I don’t normally do the whole “award” thing because 1) I usually forget and push it off, and 2) I don’t know who I would tag. Plus, I don’t want anyone to feel bad about not being chosen.
I did, however, decide to do the Liebster award because I think it may help you all get to know me a little better. I’ve been meaning to do a whole “About Me” post, but I haven’t finished it, and it just felt awkward…
This award was given to me by Gypsy Moon and Purple Wolf Nails
Okay! Enough talking! Let’s get to it!
How it works:
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the 'tagger' has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These bloggers chosen must be told they were nominated.
6. There are no tag backs.
11 Facts About Me:
1. I always feel like I’m going to be judged based on my age.
2. I want to own my own nail salon.
3. I believe in random acts of kindness.
4. I have a bit of an obsession with Australia :)
5. Only my immediate family knows I have a blog.
6. I keep a journal, but haven’t written in it lately; I guess I’m too busy and don’t want to take the time. Also, I don’t write about the stereotypical topics that one would assume one who keeps a journal would write about (drama, boys, etc.). Instead I write about my perspective on things relating to the world. Sometimes I draw and write poems.
7. I speak my mind, because if I don’t I will regret it.
8. I listen to music unpopular, and unheard of.
9. I don’t mind being alone.
10. I want to change the world for the better.
11. I believe there are a lot of bloggers blogging for the wrong reason.
11 Questions from Gypsy Moon:
1. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy? Tickets to Australia :)
2. If you could meet any one person (from history or currently alive), who would it be? There are too many people! One person who I think is well known enough for you all to recognize is Karl Pilkington.
3. What book are you currently reading? There are quite a few that I’ve started to read, and haven’t picked them back up yet. On that, I just finished is Jimmy Fallon’s Thank You Letters 2. Yes, I am aware that it isn’t what most people would consider a real book, but I enjoy his thank you letters.
4. The last thing that made you really laugh out loud? I did giggle a little bit when I was writing some of the 11 facts about me- I was wondering what most of you would think, so I deleted some, and kept some. The ones I deleted were facts that I knew nobody cared about, and the others were ones that made me look like a complete pessimist.
5. Describe yourself in three words. unusual, honest, thoughtful (not as in nice-thoughtful; more like full of deep thought. But for the record, I like to think that I am nice :) haha.)
6. What is something fun you are going to do today? Paint my nails!
7. Favourite book/movie when you were a child? Movie- Sillyville.
8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Australia….. everything comes back to Australia!
9. Have you ever won a trophy? I won an art award when I was in elementary school. Other than that, I don’t usually win anything. Too much comparison, if you ask me.
10. Do you touch-type? Yes.
11. Are you a morning person or a night owl? I’m a night owl. I hate having to wake up.
Questions from Purple Wolf Nails:
1. Why did you start blogging? Blogging was one of my New Year’s resolutions because I always wondered what it would be like to blog. I thought that, hopefully, someone would be interested in my nails. I also thought it would be cool to belong to a community of people, sharing the same interest.
2. Which famous people would you invite to a dinner party (dead or alive) and why? I think it would be pretty awesome if Ben Burnley, Ricky Gervais, and Karl Pilkington would come to my dinner party. Of course, I would invite many more, but that is just to name a few. Ben Burnley- helped me get through a lot. Ricky Gervais- super funny and honest. Karl Pilkington- makes me laugh, and I kind of like his way of thinking! Sometimes, after listening to a podcast with him, or watching videos of him, I think like him… which is quite scary!
3. What is your favourite scene from a film? I love the scene of The Proposal when Sandra Bullock dances around the fire with Betty White, “chanting” Get Low.
4. Did you watch any of the Olympics. If so, which was the best bit for you? I didn’t watch them very much- only when walking past the television, would I glance at it!
5. What do you like to do most when you are not blogging? Think. I think a lot. (The other day my aunt told me I spend too much time thinking, and my response was she spends too much time farming in a virtual world! I don’t believe you can think too much.)
6. What's the first thing you would do if you won the lottery? Wow! First I woke up a muli-millionaire, and now I won the lottery?! Well, since I already have tickets to Australia, I guess I would buy tickets to Wales :)
7. If you could be anyone else for a day who would you be? I’m so happy with myself, and my mindset, that I wouldn’t want to be anyone else. However, if I would love to be someone whom people listen to.
8. What is the last movie that you saw at the cinema? I hardly ever go the the theatres! I usually just rent movies. I think the last time I went to see a movie, I went to see Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Yeah, that was ages ago!
9. Are you a morning person or a night owl? I’m a night owl. I wish I was a morning person, though…
10. What do you have that is of great value to you but of no value to anyone else? Opinions. I love having my own opinions.
11. How far away from your birthplace do you live now? Pretty close!
1. What are some of your nail polish lemmings?
2. What makes you different?
3. Would you want to know when you were going to die?
4. Are you a people person, or do you like to be alone?
5. Besides nails, what are some of your interests?
6. What is one thing that you would change about the world (don’t say world hunger, or world peace; while those would be terrific answers, we are not running for Miss Universe. Think of something a little more close and personal).
7. What kind of finish do you like (shimmer, glitter, crème, etc.)?
8. Why do you blog?
9. What is one thing you would like to do before you die?
10. If you had unlimited and free access to one brand of nail polish, what would it be?
11. What is one bad thing that happened to you, that you are now thankful for?
I nominate every single one of you who want to do this! Let me know if you do decide to do it!
Was anyone intrigued by my take on this? Even after doing this, I still feel like none of you actually learned too much about me :( Here, I’ll tell you one more thing: my name is Abby.
Have a great day, and thank you to those of you who actually read this!