Sunday, August 19, 2012

Feather Nails (Featuring China Glaze–No Plain Jane)

I’ve been wanting to try feather nails for a while, and just now decided to give it a go. I used China Glaze – No Plain Jane and yellow polka dot feathers. I’m not sure why, but I really like the combination of yellow and purple. Did you know they’re opposite colors? Yep, just like black and white! Maybe that’s why I like it- I like opposites.

DSCN0809

DSCN0810

DSCN0808

DSCN0813

My feathers were from Michael’s craft store. They came in a variety bag- different colors, along with different prints (polka dot, stripes, and a print that reminded me little bit of leopard).

Applying the feathers was actually a lot more annoying than I thought it would be. I only have nail scissors, so that is what I used to cut the feathers. I think it would be a lot cleaner and crisper if I had cuticle nippers.

What do you think of feather nails? Would you try it?

8 comments:

  1. These looks great! The purple is the perfect base color with these feathers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I like duochromes, but always want to add some art to them, and feathers is a simple way to do that!

      Delete
  2. That looks so cool! I should probably head over to Michaels to get some and try this - it's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find some because I'm sure your mani will look amazing!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous combination. Love feather nails, I am anxious to try it too, but I have to find the feathers first, until now with any luck. Love your nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a bummer about not being able to find feathers! I'm not sure about the stores you have in your country, but I would try looking in craft stores. I've also seen pretty feathers on hair clips, so if you find some cheap enough, you could take the feathers off of it :)

      Delete
  4. Hiya, I just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for a Liebster Award. Check out my blog for details

    Here is the link http://purplewolf1707.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/ive-been-nominated-for-2-liebster-awards.html

    Louise x

    ps. This mani is lovely although I don't think I'd have the patience for the feathers! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You could aways just do an accent nail with the feathers!

      Delete