Friday, September 7, 2012

Polished Keys

A while ago I painted my neighbor’s key. She really liked my Easy Madagascar Inspired Nails, so I painted her key to match them. (This key is actually kept at my house; in the event of them leaving their key in their one of cars or something, they come to my house and ask for it. It happens quite a bit actually!)

DSCN0520

DSCN0518

I painted their last name on this side. I blacked it out for confidentiality, but if their last name was Smith, I probably wouldn’t have. There are so many Smiths! Seriously, who doesn’t know a Smith?

Onto the next key- I just painted my house key a few days ago:

Try to find the significance on this side… (I’ll tell you at the end of the post)

DSCN0900

*HINT*- it’s a red shoe.

DSCN0909

*HINT*- It’s sparkly.

Need another hint? It’s my house key.

The other side doesn’t have anything to do with the shoe side, but I think leopard and red look perfect with each other!

DSCN0897

DSCN0896

Can you tell it says Walmart behind the polish? No matter how many coats I put on, it still showed through.

Both of the keys are super bubbly because I’ve been trying to use up old top coats without using them on my nails. After a while I might take the polish off of my key and paint something new on it. Maybe I’ll use a not-so-bubbly top coat so it looks nicer.

Ready for the answer as to why I painted a red sparkly shoe on my house key? It’s supposed to be like the Wizard of Oz. “There’s no place like home.” Get it- home, house key? Only a few people got it when I showed it to them. Oh, well! As long as I get it, it doesn’t matter if others get it :)

2 comments:

  1. How have people not left a comment on this post!!!! Great idea to personalize keys))) Especially if you have a couple that look similar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! I didn't come up with the idea painting keys with nail polish, but I have never seen anyone make "nail art" on their keys :)

      Delete