Sunday, February 16, 2014

Hamlet Nail Art

I’m a little bummed Valentine’s day is over because now I can’t cop out and do hearts on my nails when I’m not feeling very creative. Plus, I was really getting into the pinks and reds.

My nails for the week were inspired by Hamlet by William Shakespeare. It was a pretty good book. I mean, it must have been good enough to put on my nails, right?

DSCN3776 DSCN3788 

I wanted a very muted base color, so I used OPI – Glints of Glinda. I used three coats, and it is still sheer enough that you can see my visible nail line, but I've gotten over the compulsive need for opaque polishes. Also, I think it fits these nails very well.

I used acrylic paint to add all of the flowers and skull. The skull is obviously Yorick’s, and is a very symbolic piece of the work. The pearl represents the pearl in the wine at the fencing match. The flowers are all of those that Ophelia handed to everyone, and the crown is pretty self explanatory.

DSCN3787

DSCN3883

Thanks for reading and have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment