Monday, March 12, 2012

Golden Shamrock nails

When I went to paint my nails I didn’t know what to do on them, but I knew I wanted to do something for St. Patrick’s Day. I put off painting my nails to go shopping for a bit, and to my surprise, I found a lot to nail polish on clearance at my local drug store. They had a green Sally Hansen HD polish in “Resolution” for $1.55! Crazy deal! I tried it out as soon as I got home.

102_2359

It was kind of a hard polish to match with others for the occasion, but golden clovers seemed to work well. I still thought there was a lot to space left after adding the clovers, so I added some small green hexagons. At first I wasn’t happy with them; I thought it looked tacky, but after a while, I got used to it, and I now like it.

To make the clovers, I made three connecting “heart” shapes, and added a stem.

102_2362

This polish is strange- It looks a little blue in direct sunlight, but in shade it looks green. Also, when I put one coat on, you could see my visible nail line, but after a second and third coat, it was perfect… Either way, I like it!

102_2363

I used Sally Hansen-Resolution, Funky Fingers-Down to Earth, and my trusty small hexagons (in green).

I hope everyone has a good St. Patrick’s Day… even if you’re like me, and don’t actually, formally, celebrate it. I only celebrate it by painting my nails and throwing on a green shirt :)

1 comment: